Parents are encouraged to talk
with their son or daughter often about progress and goals and successes.
E-mail is suggested as the most expedient way to open dialogues with
the teacher concerning students.
Students also publish most of their work on their
websites. Parents should visit often to see their son or daughter's
- When assignments are not handed in, Power School will reflect
the fact with a “missing” designation. Missing=zero points. This
will change only when the assignment is handed in.
- Late work must be handed in within the quarter it was due. No
work will be accepted after the end of the quarter.
- After the assignment is graded, the equivalent of one letter grade
will also be deducted from the final score as penalty.
- It is each student’s responsibility to know what is missing by
checking Power School.
- It is strongly advised that students keep all graded assignments
in case there is a discrepancy in Power School.
- Assignments handed in
by 3:15 on the day they are due are eligible for full credit.
- Assignments that are due while students
are absent are expected to be handed in on the day they return.
- Late work after absences: students are expected
to make up missed work promptly. It is the student's responsibility
to find out what he or she missed. The assignment
calendar is planned weeks in advance and will be helpful.
Full late policy document
students will e-mail their parents and their teacher describing their
progress to that point. Click here for a detailed description
of the mid-quarter assignment. This assignment is worth 25 points.
No extra credit is offered.