Comparing & Contrasting
- This assignment extends the one in the book, pages 285-286.
- You will be comparing the two poems: "The Wind" and "The Wind
Tapped Like a Tired Man." The text of these poems is on the prewriting
- Create a new page in your web for the essay. Make a link from that
page back to your webfolio (at bottom of the page).
- Make a link to the essay page in your webfolio under "essays."
Call it "Poetry Essay."
- You must complete the prewriting activity before you write your essay.
The completed prewriting activity will be handed in separately, but it is part
of the overall grade.
- Follow the format given below for writing your essay. Compose your essay
in Word first. Then copy and paste it into your web. Before putting it in
FrontPage, spell check, proofread, and revise to make sure your work is ready
to publish. Check your essay for the six traits of good writing.
- You must add five textual hyperlinks (imbedded in the text) to your essay
to make it a hypertext essay. The links can be to any relevant sites that you
believe will help your reader understand your essay better.
- You may add a color, not graphic, background, but it must not impair the
readability of the page. Essays may not be published on a black or similarly
dark background. Follow the format
for setting up essays on your web page.
Close this window when you are done.